The Ile-Rousse living area where Villa Madrale is located has a network of 84 kilometers of walking / hiking trails of different levels with routes ranging from 45 min (2.5 kms – 60m of elevation+) to 2 days (40 kms – 1600m of elevation+).
You will have at your disposal, free of charge, a hiking guide grouping these different routes. Note that loop 11 (11 kms – 4:30 – 600m elevation+) starts directly from Villa Madrale.
You can already have an overview of these trails and the environmental heritage on the site balagne-corsica.com
Sports and Hobbies
- L’Ile-Rousse : 10min
- Bodri : 10min
- Ghjunchitu : 10min
- Davia : 12min
- Lozari : 12min
- Ostriconi : 15mn
- Algajola : 15min
- Lumio : 20min
- Calvi : 25min
- Fango : 45min
- Argentella : 30min
- Restonica : 45 min
Many sports and leisure activities will be easily accessible to you from Villa Madrale such as: golf (10min), water sports (10min), hiking (2min), quad (15min), landscaped park (15 min).
La Balagne is a privileged starting point for sea excursions (to the east, the beaches of Saleccia, Lodu and Agriates, to the west, the Scandola nature reserve, the fishing port of Girolata…), we work with a professional in the rental of rigid (Boston whaler) and semi-rigid (Capelli) boats with or without a skipper, as well as habitables (Jeanneau; Prestige; Fiart) with skippers.
Culture & Festivals
- Clissical musique festival « Musica Classica » in Santa-Reparata-di-Balagna – August (5 minutes walk)
- Calvi Jazz Festival – June (25 minutes by car)
- Eestivoce in Pigna – July (15 minutes by car)
- International Theater Meeting in Giussani valley – July
- Film Festival of Lama – August (25 minutes by car)
- Rencontres de Calenzana – Classical and contemporary music – August (20 minutes by car)
PLEASE NOTE: these dates are provided for information only and are subject to change. For more information, see the Ile-Rousse Tourist Office website.
- Foire de l’olivier in Montegrossu – July (30 minutes by car)
- Foire de l’amandier in Aregno – Aout (15 minutes by car)
- Foire artisanale et foraine de l’Ile-Rousse – in Septembre / Octobre (10 minutes by car)